ACCWA Open Project Day 202330th October 2023
The Space STAR attedants © Space STAR 2023
The ACCWA Open Project Day 2023 was held at the SPACE STAR’23 conference, that took place on October 18-20 2023 at Sousse (Tunisia). The ACCWA team co-organised a Conference Session dedicated to the project, where some results of the project were explained. Maria José Escorihuela, principal investigator of ACCWA, also took part in a panel discussion on Mediterranean Cooperation for the Development of Space Domain.
The SPACE Star conference is a unique scientific and technological event aiming at crossing research activities in the fields of Space Science, Technology, Applications and Regulation, and its second edition has been dedicated to cooperation between Africa, the Mediterranean region and Europe. It is also part of the deployment of the Tunisian national strategy launched on March 2018 by the CNEEA (National Committee for Outer Space).
All the presentations are available here:
- ACCWA: An Innovative Set of Remote Sensing Based Monitoring Tools for Agriculture and Water Management in the Mediterranean Region. Ebre Basin Case Study.
- EO_01 Classification of Irrigation Systems at Field Level from Remotely Sensed Soil Moisture and Actual Evapotranspiration Time Series.
- EO_02 Exploring Agricultural Drought Indices for Cereal Yield Prediction Assessment in Semi-Arid Regions.
- EO_03 Irrigation and Drainage Monitoring by Remote Sensing for Ecosystems and Water Resources Management.
- EO_04 Characterization of Cereals Yields Using Different Models Based on Remote Sensing Indicators from the Sentinel-1 and Sentinel-2 Images in a Semi-arid Region.
- EO_05 Automatization of an Early Cereal Classification Model Using Random Forest and Remote Sensing Data in a Semi-Arid Region.
- EO_06 A set of Remote Sensing-based Monitoring Tools and Methods for Agriculture and Water Resources Management in the Semi-arid Region: Case Study of Merguellil.
ACCWA Open Project Days
The ACCWA project has scheduled three Project Open Days (one per year) and one final international workshop in order to engage collaboration and receive feedback from the scientific community and stakeholders.